Putting in a zipper is not that hard, especially when using the BERNINA #14 zipper foot with guide. Don't have a BERNINA? Grab that zipper foot and get busy!
Just made a quick triangular cosmetic or "anything" holder and adding a covered end to the zipper just gives it a little something extra.
- Cut about a 2 inch square.
- Measure the zipper width. Fold the square right sides together, and mark the zipper width.
- To the sewing machine and with a regular presser foot, sew the two sides. Turn to the right side and be sure to make those corners nice and sharp!
- Slide onto the end of the zipper and topstitch. If using a plastic coil zipper, sewing is much easier but still watch out for any metal to break that needle!
- Attach BERNINA #14 zipper foot. Sew the zipper as usual. This is where the BERNINA #14 zipper foot with guide is so helpful! Either place the tiny groove to the left of the foot over the coil teeth or not, depending on how close you are sewing to the coils.
That's it! You have covered the zipper end and just added a little professionalism to your zippered pouch. Think I will toss in some make-up and brushes!
Don't forget to find us on FACEBOOK for sharing and quick tips.
visit us at www.thesewbox.com
Many sewing items to suit your needs!