Not hard to make at all and can do in under 30 minutes! Grab some silky fabric, some elastic, and some lace for the edges and you are ready to begin.
- Cut a square about 20 inches. Round the edges.
- Grab a strip of lace the diameter of the fabric. Fold around the raw edge and sew using a zigzag stitch. The zigzag stitch catches both sides beautifully without worry about part begin missed. A very fast way to finish the edges. You can hem if you wish.
- Cut a piece of elastic about 17 inches.
- Mark the satin fabric circle in fourths. Do the same with the elastic. Pin the elastic and match marks. This just makes sure the elastic is the same all the way around the night cap. Pin about 1 1/2 inches in from the edge.
- Begin sewing, stretching the elastic as you go. You may need to "gather" the fabric every so often to make the elastic fit, but this just adds to the fullness of the nightcap.
- Sew the elastic and Voila! you are finished!
Ready to wear or give as a gift. Very easy to do and under 30 minutes.
visit us at www.thesewbox.com for many sewing items and free downloads