- Prewash all fabric. Most companies add a sizing to the fabric. This makes the glue of the fusibles hard to adhere properly.
- Grab a spray bottle of water, a thin 100% cotton press cloth. Put iron at high cotton setting (at times with silk I have used a much lower setting). Place fabric wrong side up, fusible with glue side down, and press cloth on top. Saturate the press cloth. PRESS, don't iron until dry. Take your time - not a quick task. Remember to press is to lift the iron up and lay down in a new spot, continue until finished. Ironing is moving back and forth - don't iron. When finished, turn to right side and press this side to remove any additional bubbles.
- Try fusing to the lining instead of the main fabric. No bubbles at all will show and will be stabilized from the inside out. Not bad at all!
- Before fusing, warm the fabric. Spritz with water and press until dry. Then fuse.
- Some fabrics may need to have that low iron setting. Practice! Test! More practice!